Latest Deficit spending Stories
"A Nation in the Red" Dallas-based Author Says the Government Has Failed NEW YORK and DALLAS, Jan. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Murray Holland, author of "A Nation in the Red," says Congress and President Obama have failed again in making any headway on the U.S. debt. He predicts a colossal train wreck, leading to more middle class stagnation. Already, the U.S. has the world's 6(th) debt/GDP ratio. "Do I sleep better at night knowing that Republicans and Democrats finally agreed to a...
A British think tank says paying off the debt taken on to combat the recession could require raising the country's retirement age to 70. The added income tax revenue and reduction in retirement benefits would offset the debt if retirement ages -- currently at 60 for women 65 for men -- were changed to 70 for 10 years, the National Institute for Economic and Social Research said in a report. An alternate approach would be for the government to raise the income tax rate or cut government...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.