Delena Reference Libraries
The Flat Huntsman Spider (Delena cancerides) is a species of arachnid that is native to Australia. In New Zealand, where it was accidentally introduced in the early 1920s, this species is known as the Avondale Spider. It is commonly found under loose bark and in woodpiles in colonies of up to 300 individuals. The range of this species in New Zealand has only expanded slowly out of Avondale (a...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.