Demersal fish Reference Libraries
The twoline eelpout is native to the deep water between the Bering Sea and Mexico, including Attu Island, also in the north western Pacific from northern Russia to southern Japan. This fish is a bottom dweller called a bathydemersal (below 650 feet) and is found at depths 2,000 - 6,000 feet where a sandy or muddy ocean floor is found. The twoline eelpout is the only eelpout species with two...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.