Latest Dena Jones Stories
BOSTON, July 1 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To help consumers find and make more humane food choices at the supermarket, the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) today released a survey ranking 23 US grocery store chains by the availability of humanely labeled food on their shelves. WSPA also launched a website that provides detailed survey results and explains and rates humane food labels according to their verifiable impact on animal welfare at http://www.eathumane.org/. "Many...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.