Latest Denise Pipitone Stories
An 8-year-old girl found on the Greek island of Kos is believed to be Denise Pipitone, who was abducted four years ago in Italy. Investigators said that the girl has a birthmark on her face under one eye as Denise did and that she appears to be able to speak only Italian, The Daily Mail reported. She was with a Roma woman who admitted under questioning she is not the child's mother. Piera Pipitone, the missing girl's mother, said that she has had to endure numerous false alarms since her...
CESANA, Italy (Reuters) - A desperate search for his little daughter has prompted an Italian to sign up as a bus driver at the Winter Olympics, in the hope of meeting foreign visitors and journalists who could help find the missing girl. Banners with pictures of Denise Pipitone, who disappeared in September 2004, when she was almost four years old, hang from fences and buildings at several mountain venues for the Games. Denise's father, Pietro Pulizzi, went further and left his home...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.