Latest DEP Stories
By A.J. Panian, Tribune-Review, Greensburg, Pa. Jul. 9--After recently replacing the liner in her swimming pool, Ligonier Township resident Terri A. Hughes wants more answers from the state Department of Environmental Protection. Hughes, 52, of Youngstown Ridge Road approached the township supervisors in June to help her and several of her neighbors seek attention from the state agency regarding what she believes are issues on their properties created by mining conducted by Amerikohl...
To: STATE EDITORS Contact: Neil Weaver of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, +1-717-787-1323 HARRISBURG, Pa.,June 18/PRNewswire-USNewswire/--Department of Environmental Protection Secretary Kathleen A. McGinty today announced the retirement of Daniel Desmond, deputy secretary for energy and technology deployment at the DEP. Desmond, who has served the commonwealth for 17 years and helped guide the growth of Pennsylvanias renewable energy industry, will leave...
By Laura Legere, The Times-Tribune, Scranton, Pa. Jun. 15--Natural Gas drilling Blog Two Texas-based natural gas drilling companies, four Lycoming County creeks and 7 million gallons of water added up to a public lesson in state gas drilling regulations. The companies, Chief Oil and Gas and Range Resources -- Appalachia, were cited by the state Department of Environmental Protection and the Susquehanna River Basin Commission on May 30 for drawing 4 million and 3 million gallons of...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.