Latest Detectors Stories
Portable gas sensors can allow you to search for explosives, diagnose medical conditions through a patient's breath, and decide whether it's safe to stay in a mine. These devices do all this by identifying and measuring airborne chemicals, and a new, more sensitive, smart model is under development at the University of Michigan. The smart sensor could detect chemical weapon vapors or indicators of disease better than the current design. It also consumes less power, crucial for stretching...
Safety Gas Detection, which manufactures, installs and services gas monitoring systems, was commissioned recently to carry out two projects for Celtic Manor Resort in Newport, South Wales. (PRWEB) April 19, 2012 The company, based in Leyland, in Lancashire, won a contract to service the equipment that controls the carbon monoxide emissions in the underground car parks at the hotel and conference resort which, in 2010, hosted the Ryder Cup - the once-every-two-years golf tournament between...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.