Latest Detroit–Windsor Stories
WINDSOR, ON, and DETROIT, MI, Dec. 14 /PRNewswire/ - The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel is open and ready to take commercial and passenger vehicles that would otherwise use the Bluewater Bridge in Sarnia/Port Huron. The Bluewater Bridge is currently closed due to icy conditions on the Bridge. In addition, Highway #402 in Ontario is designated as "Closed" from the Bluewater Bridge to Highway 401 in London due to adverse weather conditions. On the Ministry of Transportation for Ontario...
DETROIT-WINDSOR, Nov. 4 /PRNewswire/ - The Detroit-Windsor Tunnel has implemented changes to both lighting and ventilation systems that offer great advances in environmental sustainability while increasing efficiency. "In the Spring of 2010, we took the first steps by contracting for the replacement of the existing metal halide lighting with more energy efficient LED lighting fixtures," states Robert Howell, Facility Manager, Detroit-Windsor Tunnel. "These fixtures have instant...
DETROIT, April 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Stressing the importance of growing jobs, commerce and trade, an all-star line-up of leaders from Michigan and Canadian business and labor, city and the state governments together today urged Michigan lawmakers to remove the only remaining hurdle to the new Detroit River International Crossing -- enactment of legislation that would enable Michigan to enter into a public-private partnership to build and operate the new bridge. The project is expected to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.