Dian's Tarsier Reference Libraries
The spectral tarsier (Tarsius tarsier) is less adapted than the Philippine Tarsier or Horsfield's Tarsier. It lacks adhesive toes. It is the type species for the Tarsius genus. It is found in Indonesia, primarily in the lowlands of Sulawesi and on Selayar Island. The Spectral Tarsier has the largest eye to body size ratio of all of the mammals.
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.