Latest Diaphorina Stories
Entomological Society of America In August 2008 the Asian citrus psyllid (Diaphorina citri), an invasive insect known to spread citrus greening disease (huanglongbing), which can be lethal to citrus trees, was detected in southern California. After initial treatments with insecticides were determined to be costly and unsustainable, a decision was made to instead try biological control by using insect parasitoids that are known to attack the psyllids. However, since the only known...
HOUSTON, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Flotek Industries, Inc. ("Flotek" or the "Company') (NYSE: FTK) today announced preliminary revenue and gross margin results for Fourth Quarter, 2013 and discussed the current status of the Florida citrus market. While the Company is still completing final year-end accounting processes, Flotek believes that revenues for the three-months ended December 31, 2013 should exceed $100 million. Enterprise-wide gross margins should be approximately...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.