Latest Dick Burton Stories
The wooden putter used to make the final winning shot in the 1939 British Open was found stored away in a garage in England, sources say. The Daily Telegraph reported Saturday that the club was used by English golfer Dick Burton at the 1939 tournament on the Old Course at St Andrews in Scotland. Golfer Garry Bingham, 50, had gotten the club about 20 years ago, and stashed it away, not realizing its value, the newspaper reported. The Telegraph said Burton gave the putter away to his aunt Ethel...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.