Latest Dick Hoxworth Stories
By Anonymous The circus came to the Fulton Sunday, but the animals and the acrobats stayed home. But the New Holland Band's concert, "An Afternoon at the Circus," did throw in a few clowns for laughs. The master of ceremonies, WGAL news anchor Dick Hoxworth, asked the audience to go back in time and remember that one dusty, vacant lot where something "magical" happened at least once a year. Alternating conductors Robert Shauback and Jere W. Fridy were at the helm and Frank J. Kaderabek...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.