Latest Dick Mol Stories
Researchers have discovered the fossilized leg bone of a saber-toothed cat that lived near the UK coast between one and two million years ago. Paleontologist Dick Mol said the fossil belonged to a type of saber-tooth called a scimitar cat that weighted about 881lbs. The recent discovery marks the first time a fossil of this species has been uncovered in the North Sea. Researchers regularly come across fossils from common extinct beasts such as the mammoth from the sea. Beam trawlers use...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.