Latest Dick Watling Stories
Conservationists say the first ever positive identification at sea of the Fijian petrel raised hopes for the survival of the world's most mysterious and endangered seabirds, AFP reported. The Fiji petrel virtually disappeared and has not been positively identified since the last specimen was documented in 1855. However, the first time the chocolate colored petrel had ever been positively identified on the water came during a successful 11-day expedition by scientists to the seas off the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.