Latest Diego R. Martin Stories
New research shows that the addition of two magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) sequences to a common MR angiography technique significantly improves detection of pulmonary embolism, a potentially life-threatening condition traditionally diagnosed through computed tomography (CT). Results of the study are published online in the journal Radiology. Pulmonary embolism occurs when a blood clot–usually from the leg–travels to the lung and blocks the pulmonary artery or one of its main...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.