Latest Dielectric resonator Stories
LOS ANGELES, March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- OFC/NFOEC -- Leveraging the RF expertise and core microwave technologies developed for Tektronix instruments, Tektronix Component Solutions is announcing two new high-performance microwave modules, the TDRO-900A and TSFB-900A. Originally designed to meet the demanding signal integrity and performance requirements of RF test equipment, these modules enable transmitter and receiver system designers to bring a higher level of precision to...
With NSF support, Elena Semouchkina and colleagues are experimenting with ways of using magnetic resonance to capture rays of visible light and route them around objects, rendering those objects invisible to the human eye By Marlene Cimons, National Science Foundation In 1897, H.G. Wells created a fictional scientist who became invisible by changing his refractive index to that of air, so that his body could not absorb or reflect light. More recently, Harry Potter disappeared from sight after...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.