Latest Digestive diseases Stories
According to court documents, on April 10th 2012, a Georgia man, Nelson Eddie Caviness, filed a lawsuit in Georgia Northern District Court (case no. 1:2012cv01209) alleging he suffered inflammatory bowel disease from Accutane. Accutane (isotretinoin), manufactured by Hoffman-LaRoche, Inc., is a popular acne medication introduced in 1982. On April 26th, 2012, Caviness´s case was transferred to the Accutane Multidistrict Litigation (MDL 1626) in the U.S. District Court, Middle District of...
New research being presented at Digestive Disease Week® (DDW) offers key insights into the prevention and treatment of bowel diseases, which affect millions of people worldwide. Several studies show that factors, including common dietary additives, hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptives and even high-altitude travel may cause or exacerbate these diseases. Other research examines the effect of cutting-edge therapies on ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease, collectively known as...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.