Diopside Reference Libraries
Augite is a mafic mineral described chemically as (Ca, Na)(Mg, Fe, Al)(Al, Si)2O6 or calcium sodium magnesium iron aluminium silicate. Structurally, it is a solid solution of the pyroxene group which also contains diopside and hedenbergite. The crystals are monoclinic and prismatic. It is found in igneous rocks such as gabbros and basalts, and in metamorphic rocks from hydrothermal vents....
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.