Latest Discrimination against the homeless Stories
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - A U.S. appeals court ruled on Friday that a Los Angeles city policy of arresting homeless people found sitting, lying or sleeping in public access areas is unconstitutional. A three judge panel of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decided 2-1 that the city's ordinance is unlawful under the Eighth Amendment, which bars cruel and unusual punishment. The appeal was brought by the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California for six homeless people who...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.