DNA Reference Libraries
DNA probes help scientists to detect a specific gene in a long DNA sequence. According to Dr. Michael A. Pfaller, DNA probes are “single-stranded pieces of nucleic acid, labeled with a specific tracer (isotope, enzyme, or chromophore), that will hydrogen bond (hybridize) with complementary single-stranded pieces of DNA (or RNA) under the appropriate conditions of pH, temperature, and iconic...
Bacillus subtilis, also known as hay bacillus or grass bacillus, is a Gram-positive, catalase-positive bacterium commonly found in soil. It is rod-shaped and a member of the genus Bacillus. It also has the ability to form a tough, protective endospore, allowing the organism to tolerate extreme environmental conditions. B. subtilis has historically been classified as an obligate aerobe, though...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.