Latest Dog agility worldwide Stories
While dogs of all shapes and sizes can compete in a dog agility contest in Long Beach, Calif., certain shapes come with advantages, a contest official says. Carrie DeYoung, the co-chair of the American Kennel Club Agility Invitational, said the contest due to be televised next month typically finds dogs of certain shapes to be better suited for contest events, USA Today reported Wednesday. But DeYoung maintains that if training begins when dogs are just puppies, any canine can be a good...
BIRMINGHAM, Ala., Dec. 11 /PRNewswire/ -- Ready. Set. Go! An Alabama man and his award winning Miniature Schnauzer will be among contenders when the swiftest, most agile dogs in the nation vie for the top spot at the prestigious American Kennel Club(R) Agility Invitational. Webb Anderson of McCalla, Alabama and his Miniature Schnauzer, Nigel, will compete against the top dogs in the country at the Dec. 13-14 event in Long Beach, California. During the event, Webb and Nigel will run...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.