Latest Donald G. York Stories
The winners of a contest that encourages scientists and students across the globe to explore fundamental, big questions in astronomy and cosmology will present their proposals and essays in a joint conference Oct. 12-13 at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia. The New Frontiers in Astronomy & Cosmology International Grant and Essay Competition, led by Donald G. York, the Horace B. Horton Professor in Astronomy & Astrophysics at the University of Chicago, will award more than $4...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.