Latest Donostia Stories
Today there is an extensive heritage of reinforced concrete buildings in the Basque Country, which hardly existed a century ago. Ms Maialen Sagarna, lecturer in Architecture at the University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), studied the evolution and development of the "most revolutionary material of the 20th century" in Gipuzkoa. She focused on the features of buildings constructed with reinforced concrete decade by decade, and explained how and why this material was used at any given time....
Glioblastoma multiforme is the most common form of brain cancer; being an extremely serious type of the disease as currently, on diagnosis, the chances of survival of the patient is less than a year. In fact, its cause is not known nor the manner to prevent it. What is more, progress of patients suffering from this condition has hardly changed in 40 years, unlike other cancers such as, for example, infant leukaemia, for which the possibilities of recovery have risen dramatically. The Hospital...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.