Latest Doyne Farmer Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports - Your Universe Online When playing complicated games such as chess in which there are many different types of moves that are possible and required to win, researchers have found that a person's actions tend to become less rational — a discovery that could have profound implications for complex organizations like Wall Street. Simple games such as Tic-Tac-Toe (called ℠Noughts and Crosses´ in the UK) have only a handfull of possible,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.