Latest Drinking straw Stories
The campaign’s third year is expected to create over 1,000 pledges from the anti-plastic community worldwide while gifting reusable glass straws to those who participate. Newport Beach, CA (PRWEB) March 31, 2014 Did you know that over 500 million plastic straws are disposed of daily in the USA? Simply Straws, a small, family-owned company who manufacture beautiful, reusable glass straws will be launching their third annual Pledge Against Plastic Straws for the entire month of April. The...
NEW YORK (Reuters Health) -- People who savor their soft drinks may save their teeth some wear and tear by using a strategically placed straw, according to a new report. In excess, carbonated beverages, like other acidic drinks, can wear away the protective enamel on teeth, leading to tooth decay. While going easy on carbonated beverages is the best way to prevent tooth erosion, sipping them through a straw may offer some added protection. The key, say dentists at Temple University in...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.