Latest Driver drowsiness detection Stories
Researchers at Washington State University Spokane have developed a new way to detect when drivers are about to nod off behind the wheel. Their recently patented technology is based on steering wheel movements—which are more variable in drowsy drivers—and offers an affordable and more reliable alternative to currently available video-based driver drowsiness detection systems. “Video-based systems that use cameras to detect when a car is drifting out of its lane are cumbersome and...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.