Latest Duane Marsh Stories
The Museum of Funeral Customs in Springfield, Ill., may soon face its own passing because to a lack of visitors, an official says. Duane Marsh, Illinois Funeral Directors Association executive director, said the museum could soon close its doors despite being a short distance from sites honoring Abraham Lincoln, The New York Times said Monday. The original idea was that we'd get enough spillover from people visiting the Lincoln sites, said Marsh, whose group runs the struggling museum. But...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.