Latest Duke Energy Corp. Stories
CHARLOTTE, N.C. and RALEIGH, N.C., Aug. 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kentucky Public Service Commission (KPSC) today approved the merger-related application filed in April by Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK) and Progress Energy, Inc. The application sought approval for the indirect transfer of Duke Energy Kentucky that would result from the merger of the companies. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20040414/DUKEENERGYLOGO ) (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020923/CHM008LOGO-c...
CHARLOTTE and RALEIGH, N.C., July 7, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy Corp. (NYSE: DUK) (Duke Energy) and Progress Energy, Inc. (Progress Energy) have scheduled special meetings Tuesday, Aug. 23, for shareholders to vote on the companies' proposed merger announced Jan. 10. (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20040414/DUKEENERGYLOGO ) (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20020923/CHM008LOGO-c ) The companies are mailing a joint proxy statement/prospectus to their respective...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.