Latest Dundee Stories
EDINBURGH, Scotland, July 27th 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Varian Medical Systems (NYSE: VAR) has been awarded a contract to supply eight TrueBeam treatment systems to hospitals in Scotland as part of a major nationwide procurement program. The award also involves two ClinacÃ® iX linear accelerators, ancillary equipment and software from Varian, the world leader in radiotherapy. The new equipment will replace ageing treatment machines at radiotherapy departments in Glasgow,...
WASHINGTON, June 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Today at the 2011 BIO International Convention, Scotland, with a record 20 companies in attendance, announces plans to double the economic contribution of its life sciences sector to the Scottish economy by 2020. Building on the country's rich history of scientific discovery, medical technology, stem cell and translational medicine, as well as a unified approach to collaboration across government, academia and industry, Scottish Development...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.