Dunes Reference Libraries
Pinnacles National Park is located in the state of California in the United States. The park is comprised of 26,606 acres of land that was once inhabited by Native American tribes including the Ohlone people. When Spanish explorers arrived in the area, they brought diseases that nearly wiped out all of the Ohlone people, leaving the area uninhabited until Anglo-Americans arrived in 1865. By the...
Mahakala is a genus of dinosaur from the Campanian age (80 million years ago) of the Upper Cretaceous Period. It was found in the Djadokhta Formation of Mongolia. It is known from a partial skeleton found in the Gobi Desert. Mahakala is named for one of eight deities from Sanskrit in Tibetan Buddhism. Mahakala was a very small dinosaur, only about 2.5 feet in length. Despite its late arrival...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.