The yellow-nosed cotton rat (Sigmodon ochrognathus) has a range that extends from eastern Sierra Madre Occidental into the central areas of Durango. Its western range includes western Coahuila, located in Mexico, and it occurs from New Mexico to Arizona. It has a fragmented range in the deserts of Mesa del Norte, located in Trans-Pecos Texas. The yellow-nosed cotton rat appears on the IUCN Red List with a conservation status of “Least Concern”. Image Caption: Picture of a Sigmodon...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.