Latest Dyfed Stories
A Hate-peddling internet group targeting Llanelli's Polish population has been shut down by police. An anti-Polish web page was set up on social networking site Facebook in May. The group, which had 140 members, described its raison d'etre as: "Llanelli has a population of 60,000 people, and nearly 10,000 are Polish. They take our jobs, and have no respect for us or our town. Get the Polish out." The page featured anti-Polish pictures and comments, and was quickly taken over by angry...
By Steffan Rhys AN EXPLOSION which left four teenage girls critically ill in hospital for several weekswas caused by the "excessive use of a large number of aerosol deodorants", an official inquiry will announce today. A joint investigation was launched by Dyfed-Powys Police and Mid and West Wales Fire Service after the fire, which blew the roof off a terraced house in Llanelli on December 17. Afile was also submitted to the Crown Prosecution Service, who have decided there is...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.