Quantcast

Latest E-mail filtering Stories

2012-07-03 23:03:22

FiberCloud Beefs-Up Email Protection with Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus Capabilities Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 03, 2012 FiberCloud, Inc. announced today that they have improved Anti-Spam filtering and Anti-Virus protection for their Hosted Exchange email customers. The more robust spam filter and anti-virus capabilities ensure that customers receive less spam overall and gain enhanced protection against viruses and security threats, helping businesses improve security and productivity. The new...

2011-05-20 00:00:29

"¢ 107 million spam emails received by UK homes each day or over 1,000 every second "“ up 30% from 82 million in 2007 "¢ Spamdemic spreads to mobiles "“ 4 million unsolicited text messages received every day "“ up 300% from 1 million in 2007 "¢ Just 8 out of 10 (79%) broadbanders have a spam filter, potentially leaving nearly 4 million (21%) completely exposed to email spam attacks "¢ 1.6 million Brits (8%) deal with unsolicited emails incorrectly,...

2011-05-12 00:00:45

For the fourth time in a row, OnlyMyEmail's MX-Defender stopped more spam than any of the other 19 competitors, missing only 2 spam messages out of 72,008 for a record spam filtering capture rate of 99.9972%. Ann Arbor, MI (PRWEB) May 11, 2011 The results from OnlyMyEmail's fourth participation in the Virus Bulletin VBSpam Challenge have been released. For the fourth time in a row, OnlyMyEmail's MX-Defender stopped more spam than any of the other 19 competitors, missing only 2 spam messages...

2011-01-16 00:00:10

InboxGuardian is a brand new product aimed at tackling the never ending problem of spam email. Not only does it remove over 90% of spam from your mail box but it also acts as an email server allowing clean, spam free email to be delivered to your email client and your mobile device (iPhone, iPad etc). Turlock, CA (PRWEB) January 15, 2011 InboxGuardian by Visualware is a brand new product for 2011. The product came about due to the success of the spam filtering feature in eMailTrackerPro....

2010-03-03 13:13:00

SAN FRANCISCO, March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Abaca Technology Corporation, creator of the world's most effective spam filter, today announced an upgrade to its revolutionary Abaca® CLX Anti-Spam Solution(TM). This upgraded version delivers massive scalability to meet the throughput demands of the world's largest service providers. Abaca's CLX Anti-Spam Solution achieves 99.98 percent spam catch rate globally with less than one false positive in 10,000 emails--the highest...

2009-09-09 11:57:43

Ever-more vigilant e-mail spam filters have forced County Middlesex in Canada's province of Ontario to change its domain name. County Chief Administrative Officer Bill Rayburn told the London (Ontario) Free Press as much as 20 percent of official county e-mails were being returned by spam filters that reject the 'sex' part of the current domain, @county.middlesex.on.ca. He said the new domain will soon be @mdlsx.ca We're not the only one -- there are lots of 'sex'-es out there -- like (the...

2009-07-07 15:20:00

WASHINGTON, July 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An individual pleaded guilty today in federal court in Detroit for his role in creating and marketing software designed and used to send bulk commercial e-mails, known as "spam," in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act, announced Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer of the Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan Terrence Berg. David S. Patton, 49, of Centreville, Va., pleaded guilty to aiding and abetting...


Word of the Day
cruet
  • A vial or small glass bottle, especially one for holding vinegar, oil, etc.; a caster for liquids.
This word is Middle English in origin, and ultimately comes from the Old French, diminutive of 'crue,' flask.
Related