Latest Eardrum Stories
(Ivanhoe Newswire) — Good news! What? I said good news! A revolutionary surgical technique for treating perforations of the tympanic membrane (eardrum) in children and adults, called Myringoplasty, has been created to replace traditional techniques. Myringoplasty is a surgical procedure used to repair the eardrum when it has been perforated or punctured as the result of infection, trauma, or dislodgement of a myringotomy tube (also known as a pressure equalization tube). This new...
20-minute procedure in outpatient clinic without general anesthetic may replace long and costly day surgery A revolutionary surgical technique for treating perforations of the tympanic membrane (eardrum) in children and adults has been developed at the Sainte-Justine University Hospital Centre, an affiliate of the UniversitÃ© de Montreal, by Dr. Issam Saliba. The new technique, which is as effective as traditional surgery and far less expensive, can be performed in 20 minutes...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.