Latest Ecolabelling Stories
Cricket works to alleviate the negative impact on the environment with product offerings certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®). (PRWEB) June 20, 2013 The Lights International Operating unit of Swedish Match AB, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, today announced that the recently introduced Cricket 5-Minute Firestarter is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®). The FSC is an independent, international non-profit organization established to promote the...
The certification of seafood as "sustainable" by the nonprofit Marine Stewardship Council is too lenient and discretionary, a study by a consortium of researchers has found. "When consumers want sustainable fish there are two options to meet the demand: fisheries can become more sustainable or the definition of sustainable can be watered down to be practically meaningless–with MSC seafood, the definition has been repeatedly watered down," said Jennifer Jacquet, a clinical assistant...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.