Latest Economic sociology Stories
Connie K. Ho for redOrbit.com — Your Universe Online Scientists from Brigham Young University, North Carolina State University, and Pennsylvania State University recently discovered that parents play a crucial role in terms of helping to prevent and limit alcohol or marijuana use by their children. In particular, the team of investigators found that parents have more of an impact than a child´s school environment. “Parents play an important role in shaping the...
New research from North Carolina State University, Brigham Young University and the University of California, Irvine finds that parental involvement is a more significant factor in a child´s academic performance than the qualities of the school itself. “Our study shows that parents need to be aware of how important they are, and invest time in their children — checking homework, attending school events and letting kids know school is important,” says Dr. Toby...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.