Fabrica Nacional de Motores (FNM) was a vehicle and engine manufacturer in Duque de Caxias, near Rio de Janeiro from 1942 to 1988. FNM was formed in 1942 as part of the Estado Novo agenda of President Getulio Dornelles Vargas to kick start the Brazilian industrial sector. Originally, FNM manufactured American Curtiss-Wright aircraft engines, ammunition, bicycles, spindles and refrigerators. After WWII, the government wanted to launch a vehicle manufacturing industry, so in 1949 it...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.