Latest Ed Perlmutter Stories
By Tillie Fong Two Democratic lawmakers are accusing the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs of "deception" for not releasing a master plan this year for a veterans' hospital at the Fitzsimons medical campus in Aurora. "It is our understanding that, unbeknownst to us or any veterans' group, the VA received the final version of this plan in January 2008," U.S. Sen. Ken Salazar and U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter wrote in a letter to VA Secretary James Peake on Monday. "If true, this willful...
By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent WHEAT RIDGE, Colo. (Reuters) - In one of the most tightly contested and closely watched U.S. House races, Republican Rick O'Donnell has been a gleeful bystander as Democrats slug it out in a primary that could leave the winner weak and vulnerable in November. O'Donnell, the unopposed Republican nominee in Colorado's 7th District, has been organizing and raising money all year while Democrats Peggy Lamm and Ed Perlmutter batter each other...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.