Latest EDF Stories

2010-11-04 10:00:00

EDF and Areva Urged to Cut Losses, Avoid More Financial Damage From 'Doomed Technology'; Major Implications for U.S. Nuclear Loan Guarantee Program, Which EDF Seeks to Tap for EPR. WASHINGTON and LONDON, Nov.

2010-08-05 10:48:00

Case for Proposed EPR Reactor Grows Worse by the Week With Unresolved Safety Issues, Rising Costs and Doubts Raised by Former EdF CEO; Are U.S. Taxpayers About to be Stuck With "the Last Tickets for the Titanic"? WASHINGTON, Aug.

2008-10-30 09:00:34

French electricity utility EDF has signed an agreement with ATP Oil & Gas UK, a subsidiary of the US-based ATP Oil & Gas, on the acquisition of 80% of its shares in gas assets in the UK North Sea. EDF also has the option to acquire the remaining 20% of ATP Oil & Gas's shares in the same conditions.

2008-10-21 09:00:46

French power engineering company Alstom has signed a framework agreement with French utility EDF for the renovation of 900MW and 1,300MW generators in its nuclear power plants.

2008-09-29 09:00:41

ONE of the biggest investors in British Energy has warned that the GBP 12.5 billion takeover by French firm EDF may yet fail regulatory hurdles.

2008-09-27 00:00:33

I t would be easy to dismiss the current debate about Britain's nuclear energy as irrelevant to families across our region. No-one is planning to build a power station on the edge of Hanley so why should we be bothered, you might say.

2008-09-26 12:00:31

By DOUGLAS HAMILTON EDF has bought 26.5per cent of British Energy Group as part of a takeover offer for the Scottish-based nuclear power generator. The French utility said yesterday that it purchased 274.3 million shares at 774p each.

2008-09-25 09:00:47

French EDF to buy UK's biggest power producer British Energy LONDON, Sept. 24 (Xinhua) -- The French energy giant EDF announced Wednesday that it has agreed to pay 12.5 billion pounds (23.18 billion U.S. dollars) to take over British Energy (BE), the UK's biggest power producer.

2008-09-25 00:00:27

By Nick Clark PLANS by Centrica to buy a quarter of British Energy were welcomed by the market yesterday after the latter's long-awaited 12.5bn takeover by its French rival EDF was agreed. The companies described the deal as a "milestone" for nuclear development in Britain.

2008-09-24 18:00:00

NUCLEAR power firm British Energy yesterday looked poised to fall into foreign hands after it was reported French power giant EDF has agreed a pounds 12.4bn takeover. The deal is worth 774p a share, the Wall Street Journal said, 9p higher than a rebuffed offer made in July.

Word of the Day
  • The analysis of literature, focusing on the words and grammar to the exclusion of context or literary merit.
The word 'logocentrism' is a blend of logo- +‎ centrism.