Latest Eduardo Pimenta Stories
Rescuers and penguin experts are concerned about hundreds of baby penguins washing up dead on Rio de Janeiro's tropical beaches after being swept from the icy shores of Antarctica and Patagonia. Eduardo Pimenta, superintendent for the state coastal protection and environment agency in the resort city of Cabo Frio, said over the last couple of months more than 400 penguins, most of them young, have been found dead on the beaches of Rio de Janeiro state. Pimenta said it is common to find some...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.