Latest Edward Stanek IV Stories
Alan McStravick for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online We have all experienced it. While enjoying a delicious meal, the flavors and textures of food are delightful as we practice the mastication necessary for the beginning of the digestive process. Then, out of nowhere, our tongue fails to get out of the way of our teeth and we clamp down on the fleshy muscle, eliciting pain and, almost certainly, a few choice words. Thankfully this situation occurs with relative infrequency and, thanks...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.