Latest Efflorescence Stories
Many a historic landmark is defaced with graffiti, but the spray paint can only be removed "“ if at all "“ using caustic solutions which risk damaging the underlying surface. A new breathable coating provides efficient, all-round protection against attacks by taggers. It takes seconds to spray on graffiti, but hours or weeks to remove "“ especially from porous natural stone or brickwork as found in the majority of historic monuments. The paint penetrates deep into the pores...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.