Latest egg allergies Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A new study suggests that children who have egg allergies may benefit by just being exposed to the very food they are allergic to. Researchers treated 35 children with egg oral immunotherapy (OIT) and found that eleven of them experience long-term elimination of egg-related allergic reactions. The rest of the children who were exposed to eggs were able to tolerate higher doses of egg, with only mild or no symptoms. The study...
A new report in Pediatrics shows that the flu shot is safe for most kids with egg allergies. There are concerns about giving the flu shot to kids with egg allergies because all flu vaccines are made in chicken eggs. According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, about one in 60 U.S. children have this type of allergy. However, Dr Lynda Schneider of Children's Hospital in Boston, one of the study's authors, told Reuters that today's influenza vaccines contain...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.