Latest EH1 Stories
Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online Sky watchers can expect the first big astronomical event of 2013 to happen just as the New Year begins to unfold. The annual Quadrantids meteor shower typically arrives in the beginning of January and is renowned for being more intense than the Perseids shower in August and the Geminids shower in December. Meteor visibility will peak around 2:30 a.m. EST on Jan. 3, with about 80 streaks per hour. A waning gibbous moon, about 50...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.