Latest Einsteinhaus Stories
One hundred years ago, Albert Einstein revolutionized physics. Science@NASA -- Albert Einstein was exhausted. For the third night in a row, his baby son Hans, crying, kept the household awake until dawn. When Albert finally dozed off "¦ it was time to get up and go to work. He couldn't skip a day. He needed the job to support his young family. Walking briskly to the Patent Office where he was a "Technical Expert, Third Class," Albert worried about his parents. They were getting older...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.