Latest Ejecta blanket Stories
A large object may have struck northwest Scotland almost 1.2 billion years ago, according to researchers from Oxford and Aberdeen universities.By studying the impact, researchers reported that it was Landing just shy of present-day Ullapool, the meteorite is reported to be the largest ever to hit Britain, researchers said in the journal Geology. "If there had been human observers in Scotland 1.2 billion years ago, they would have seen quite a show," said co-author Ken Amor, from the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.