Latest El Centro metropolitan area Stories
redOrbit Staff & Wire Reports — Your Universe Online Assumptions that the San Andreas Fault would automatically prevent an earthquake from affecting both northern and southern California at the same time may not necessarily be true, according to a new study published Wednesday in the online edition of the journal Nature. According to Eryn Brown of the Los Angeles Times, geologists have assumed for several years that the fault line would act as a barrier, preventing seismic...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.