Latest Elassona Stories
The last member of a protected brown bear species living on Greece's Mount Olympus appears to have been killed, conservationists say. Members of the environmental organization Callisto said the carcass of the bear was found at the foot of the mountain with its mouth frozen open and with suspicious wounds to its chest, Kathimerini reported Friday. The conservationists say those physical characteristics are indicative of the animal either being shot or poisoned. The Callisto group, which...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.