Latest Emission nebulae Stories
Lee Rannals for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online The cosmos is full of outstanding imagery, and a new image from NASA's Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer, or WISE, has shot back another outstanding image back to Earth. The latest image, released on Monday, shows a Flame nebula located in the Orion complex, lighting up a cavern of dust. The Nebula is sitting on the eastern hip of Orion the Hunter, which is a constellation that can be seen with the naked eye in the northern...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.