Endocrine gland Reference Libraries
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland located anterior to the trachea and inferior to the thyroid cartilage. It is butterfly shaped with three lobes that make it the largest endocrine organ in the body. Its primary function is to control the body’s metabolism by regulating how quickly the body uses energy, proteins, and hormones. The two lateral lobes are connected by the middle lobe...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.